The Romanian government offers a number of fiscal incentives that are aimed at leveraging the local technology and R&D capabilities by incentivizing investors and employers.
IT&C: 0% income tax for employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the 14 technical specializations available;
• Employee is hired on a software engineer/programmer/software analyst position;
• Annual revenue per exempted employee must be over USD 10 000;
R&D: 0% income tax for employees and 0% income tax for R&D companies for the next 10 years.
Deduction of R&D eligible expenses:
• Depreciation of R&D equipment, salaries for R&D personnel;
• 50% of these expenses can be deducted from the taxable income;
OTHER: 0% profit tax for the reinvested profit in new technological equipment used for business purposes.
* If a company benefits from the exemption on the income tax for reinvestment it will not benefit from accelerated depreciation.